Window Blinds Installation and Measuring Guides
How to measure your window.
How to install your blind
- Aluminium Venetian Installation Guide
- Panel Glide Installation Guide
- Roller Blinds Installation Guide
- Timber Venetian Installation Guide
- Vertical Blinds Installation Guide
- Roman Blinds Installation Guide
Download our measuring worksheet DOWNLOAD
How to Measure for Blinds
- Measure the inside (Width) of the Recess from side to side in three places in millimetres as shown in the diagram. Positions 1,2 & 3.
- Measure the inside (Height) of the Recess from top to bottom in three places in millimetres as shown in the diagram. Positions A,B & C.
Please advise us of the smallest Width and Height measurements. Do not make any deductions, we will do this for you depending on the type of Blind chosen.
N.B. With Roller Blinds the Width measurement at position 1 at the top is the most relevant as this is where the brackets will fit. You can supply this providing all 3 measurements are less than 10mm in difference. If in doubt please contact us
- Measure the Width in millimetres of how wide you would like the blind to be, either from architrave to architrave or allowing for your desired overlap on both sides.
- Measure the Height in millimetres from architrave to architrave or allowing for your desired overlap at the top and bottom.
N.B. Blinds ordered as Face Mount will be made to these exact measurements, NO deductions will be made.
N.B. When measuring for Roller blinds please note that the Width is from outside bracket to outside bracket. It is NOT the fabric width.